PLEASE HELP!!!! I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

sam'll do 19:43 13 Jul 2007

hi,

im looking to buy a laptop, but i only really understand pc. if anyone could help me with what and where in regards to what i should buy, it would be GREATLY appreciated, being a student, i dont want to buy what i think is right, and finds its useless!!!

so the 'specifications' for my buying are as follows.

-price range from £0-£500max
-60-100gb hard drive (or enough to run Applications such as Photoshop)
-im going to be on tour round europe for several months so i need something that will
*access the internet without hastle(wirelessly)
*not be too bulky
*be RELIABLE!!!

to be honest i dont know enough about other factors to be picky, but internet memory and relaibility are really important, i've tried looking around, but the internet is confusing, and, and in shop salesman, are only looking for a bonus!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

any suggestions and answers are most welcome and gratefully appreciated,

thank you.

click here
you need to add the operating system to the price

Technotiger 19:51 13 Jul 2007

I was going to suggest the same as *THE RAVEN*

sam'll do 19:52 13 Jul 2007

sorry!! yeah im thinking that windows is probably best, xp upwards is fine, i've not used VISTA so i cant comment on it!!!

Technotiger 19:54 13 Jul 2007

For least hassle, I would stick with XP.

SANTOS7 19:55 13 Jul 2007

click here

there are many here that will suite your budget, you may be able to whittle it down to a few that you can compare..

mymate 19:56 13 Jul 2007

click here
Scroll down the page and see the laptop thats on Hotdeals, read the comment cause a lot of people advise to have a better battery and different screen.

mymate 19:59 13 Jul 2007

If you go on Dell page and look at the laptop Then click on "Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support [Included in Price] " that brings the price down to the £292 .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?