Please help how to get preinstalled win 8 back

Mgd.khzna 14:18 01 Apr 2017

I bought windows 10 pro and install it on my msi gt70 notebook but in order for me to do that i deleted the hard drive completly How to get the preinstalled windows 8 back to the notebook if there is no usb recovery drive and the hard drive has been deleted completly and the there is no windows what so ever on the notebook? How to get the preinstalled windows 8 back to the notebook if there is no usb recovery drive and the hard drive has been deleted completly and the there is no windows what so ever on the notebook?

In other words How to get Win 8 preinstalled back to the notebook without usb or recovery partion or windows produckt key? Please help

Archonar 14:44 01 Apr 2017

Try downloading the windows 8 iso (click here) and using it to install like a normal usb download. The key should hopefully be stored on the BIOS so when it asks for the key just skip that step and it should find it.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether the BIOS stores more than 1 key, I am assuming that I can but I'm not 100%

Mgd.khzna 14:51 01 Apr 2017

Thanks alot I'll try it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:23 01 Apr 2017

If you up graded to 10 then the key used is the old win 8 key and will be stored on MS servers so windows should activate.

you will also need to download drivers from the manufactures web site.

Mgd.khzna 16:55 01 Apr 2017

I used usb to install windows 10 pro which I get it from microsoft retail store

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 01 Apr 2017

So why do you think you have totally wiped the drive and removed the factory reset partition which is usually hidden?

Mgd.khzna 17:34 01 Apr 2017

Because when I tried to install windows 10 I deleted the hard drive besides the massage was clear when I deleted the hard drive which is:

"If you deleted this hard drive you will be deleting the recovery partion also which contain important factory files"

Now all I have is activation code for windows 8 pro and product key for windows 10 pro

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:40 02 Apr 2017

If you have the product key then no problem download the media creation tool for win 8 pro as linked by Archonar.

Mgd.khzna 13:20 02 Apr 2017

Thank you for your help But when I tried to download windows 8 they asked me about the product key so Is it possible to use windows 10 pro product key to get windows 8 on a usb because I thought that microsoft can get the product key automatically since its hiden in the Bios.

Archonar 17:50 02 Apr 2017

At what point is it asking for a product key? You're right the key is in the BIOS so there will be a way to install it without the product key and it will autodetect. I just tried it and got as far as the download without it asking for the key.

I know this can be done since I did it a while back, as far as I can remember there is a skip option when it asks for the key but I may not be remembering right.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:55 02 Apr 2017

Boot using the win 10 media to command prompt and follow the instructions

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires