Please help with Halo

acceptmyname 00:33 21 Oct 2007

I am playing halo 1 on the pc and a friend has just purchased it and we want to play online together but he seems to have a different lot of servers than me.

As far as i know we are playing the same version 1.07

we both have xfire and he cant join my game and i cant join his any help would be appreciated

acceptmyname 00:50 21 Oct 2007

bump

Demora 17:53 21 Oct 2007

As my daughter used to play this regularly I'll get the info for you. ASAP

D

Demora 18:30 21 Oct 2007

Hello, I'm Demora's daughter. I have written several things down here, so dont be too suprised at what I write, you always find the most simple explanation after you've tried everything else, so, hear everything out before dismissing it, this game cost me many a friday night at my friends house wasting precious gaming time on problem solving!!

Check that your firewall is allowing the game and Xfire to run as servers.

Is your friend/you getting less servers than the other?

Have you tried one of you getting into a game, and then telling the other to Direct IP into the same game by telling him the IP address (can be found by holding F3 (I think) in game and it should appear along the bottom right of the screen.)

In the game network settings try adjusting your ports to be the same (i.e 2302-2303 etc.)

Are they both original games? The NOCD cracks are generally poorer and you tend to get less servers, and more problems than they are worth.

Have you both checked for Halo PC recent updates. To my knowledge 1.07 is the latest update, and the game should usually tell you if you need an update, but it is worth checking out nonetheless.

Check that in-game you arent filtering your searches, and see if you get the same amount of games.

Peerguardian has a problem with it, and it needs to be shut down, or adjusted accordingly to allow the game. I run Zonealarm with my Halo, and that works fine.

Are the ports and the NAT on your router open? It may be worth checking.

Finally, the last thing I can suggest to you is that you need to remove the game completely. Including saved files and profiles within the game. I found that I had one corrupt file that was stopping me playing with my friends. It isn't always apparent, and it was a last effort on my behalf to get it to work. Uninstalling the game, andf all files with it, and then fresh re-install should fix the problem.

I hope that all of that helps, or at least the one part that may be useful to you. Alternatively, to solve all PC gaming related problems... switch to an xbox360 and play HALO 3!!! :D

acceptmyname 22:13 21 Oct 2007

thanks a lot demoras daughter i will try your suugestions and post back hopefully one of your suggestions works

wolfie3000 23:43 21 Oct 2007

Both of you should upgrade Halo to CE,

click here

This will make sure that both parties see the same servers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?