Please help finding faulty component

Alex Prost 19:30 30 May 2017

Recently I assumed that my videocard died. After surfing some forums I now have doubts. How do I know which one died/dying: PCE slot, PSU, or the Video card without being able to test the card in someone's PC? Symptoms: When I boot without the videocard using onboard graphics it starts normally.///// If I boot with the videocard in the slot but HDMI is still conected to the motherboard - i see the black screen with the blinking underscore(it doesnt boot windows/bios so maybe there is not enough power to power the HDD?)////// If i boot with the video card and the hdmi is in the video card - i get a few artifacts followed by a black permanent screen.////// So how do I know which one is it?

There is a good deal on the GTX 1060 6GB right now so I want to be sure that if I buy it it will not go to waste. Thank you

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)