please help. Dont know what to do

jamesmatt 03:11 15 Dec 2014

Hello all, I am having a problem. In my laptop, i can see my wifi network and when i click that network, it says connected but the internet icon on the toolbar below says not connected with a red cross. I cant access the internet.When i went to the control panel and clicked change adapter settings, but i cant see my wireless connection network up there. Can anyone please help me.

Ian in Northampton 09:35 15 Dec 2014

It could be a problem with either your router or your ISP. Have you rebooted the router? Have you contacted your ISP to see if there's a problem at their end?

jamesmatt 10:52 15 Dec 2014

Hi, There is no problem with the router. Because my friend brought his laptop and tried with his and it is absolutely fine. Even my phone gets connected to the wifi.

Jollyjohn 10:59 15 Dec 2014

What does Windows say if run the trouble shooter?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:18 15 Dec 2014

disconnect -Remove the connection from the network settings - reboot the laptop

scan for networks and reconnect _ it should ask for the password _ does it get onto the internet now?

jamesmatt 13:02 15 Dec 2014

I tried by disconnecting and removing from the network settings. Scanned for networks and reconnected but doesnt work.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:56 15 Dec 2014
  1. Reboot the router retry

2. try disabling firewall / antivirus (what do you have installed?)

Jollyjohn 16:16 15 Dec 2014

What does Windows troubleshooter say?

I know it is not the greatest tool but it will eliminate some possibilities and help us get you connected.

woodchip 16:19 15 Dec 2014

Have you checked Networking in Control Panel? Under Wireless Delet user and make a new connection under Wireless, also will it connect with ethernet Cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone