Please Help with creating a Database

Kaman-1607273 04:02 25 Aug 2010

Ok guys & gals any help would be appreciated, just want to say thank you in advance!!!!!!

A little about me, I consider myself to be a total noob at creating a database because it's been around six years since I last created one. Oh I forget to tell you , that's when I was attending college. Well anyways I would love any assistance or directions that would be fast and easy for me to create a PC based application that hold Q&A database in the IT field. I personally would like this for myself for experience and to use in the field, since I am an IT tech.

sunnystaines 07:35 25 Aug 2010

search bar in google sounds the best option for pc help issues.

ardubbleyu 08:00 25 Aug 2010

Best way to start with database design is with a blank piece of paper and a pencil. Decide what information you need to capture, and break it down into individual data fields.
Try to get them in order of input.
Then decide what reporting you want - it's no good just being able to enter stuff into a database - the main reason you have one in the first place is to be able to interrogate it and get reports from it.
Once you've done that, you'll have a good idea of how complex it's going to be. If it's simple, then MS Excel or similar will probably do. If more complex, then a 'proper' database application such as MS Access may be needed. Good luck...

mikesuther 12:17 25 Aug 2010

I had a little experienc of using office but i wanted to learn more. I decided that I wanted to get some sort of qualification. I was able to go on a free course called an ECDL (European Computer Driveing Licence). The qualifaication comes in two parts part one teaches about the hardware and part two teaches Microsoft office including Access and Excell. Some places charge I was able to find a learn direct centre that gave the course free. it was a learn at your own pace course and i found it to be extremley useful. i understand that it can be awkward to find the time but that is why i di a learn at my own pace. If you have a computer you can do the majority of the course online or if you do not have a computer you can call into the centre from 8am - 8pm. the reason i would do the course is that it shows employers that you are trying to improve yourself and are trying to improve your knowledge. My wife and I both completed the course and found it very informative. some of the material you will know from your computer experience but that just helps to build your confidence. I hope this of use, best thing i have done for quite a while.

lotvic 16:23 25 Aug 2010

seems that you want a Desktop Search Engine click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?