PLEASE HELP Can't get rid of AntiVirGear

nowipowi 17:53 14 Oct 2007

Hi

I recently brought a second hand computer, and I've installed all the necessary Norton Anti-Virus programmes, plus SpyHunter, but I am being overtaken by a programme called AntiVirGear. Their Icon pops up all over the place, and each time I go into Internet Explorer it's as though I am being invaded. At the moment there is a window in the bottom right hand corner telling me that even this Helproom is a potential threat.

I've tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing works, and I'm wasting so much time.

I have even followed instructions, using an old thread here, but that only worked for a short time.

If someone could help I would be so very grateful, as I'm now left thinking that maybe it was the reason the person I brought it from knew it had this problem.

Thanks

VoG II 17:54 14 Oct 2007
  mfletch 18:00 14 Oct 2007

Hi, SmitfraudFix should remove this as it is a form of the smitfraud infection,

Please read and print out the instructions before using,

click here

mfletch

mfletch 18:02 14 Oct 2007

Sorry VoG same conclusion

mfletch

skidzy 18:04 14 Oct 2007

Superantispyware should remove this without using manual methods.click here

You have been given other options that will do the job probably more successfully as you may need to edit the registry,however try SAS and see how you get along.

Though from the above links,you do have the option of automated removal.

nowipowi 23:38 14 Oct 2007

Hi

SmitfraudFix worked so well - if only I had contacted you all first - it would have saved a lot of trouble.

Thanks very much.

Tabatha

mfletch 14:52 15 Oct 2007

Your welcome

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?