Please help: BSOD - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

BumbleBee85 02:16 17 Jun 2017

Hi,

so while I'm gaming (especially newer games / games that need more hardware power) I'm getting random bluescreens (mainly DRIVEROVERRANSTACKBUFFER or PFNLIST_CORRUPT) and I have tried everything to fix it. Sometimes it works perfectly for 3hours, no bluescreens, and sometimes it just randomly happens after 1h of gaming. It's so hard to find what causes it. Reinstalled Windows, didn't fix it. Checked my RAM with MemTest, no errors. Changed my RAM, didn't fix it. Used the verifier to check my drivers, all stable there. Scanned my harddrive, nothing seems to be wrong. Updated all drivers, changed nothing. Got the newest BIOS, still all the same.

I uninstalled my Razer mouse software (Razer Synapse) since it apparently caused Bluescreen for some people, didn't fix it either.

My hardware: Intel 2500k, 8GB DDR3 RAM, ASRock P67 Extreme4, GTX 770, 250GB SSD (+3 HDDs)

My PC temperatures aren't the best, but it's still under 70°C while gaming, so I don't think that triggers the bluescreens.

Do you guys have any other ideas? I'm so frustrated...would be thankful for any kind of help! Thanks in advance, for reading this!

BumbleBee85 02:20 17 Jun 2017

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I use Windows 10. Here's the link to a pic for Bluescreen details from the minidump file: click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:25 17 Jun 2017

right click start - Command prompt (admin) 0r Powershell admin if you have creator update version of win 10

type

bcdedit /deletevalue {badmemory} badmemorylist

press enter

Start - power - Restart

see if that helps.

BumbleBee85 18:56 17 Jun 2017

Hello Fruit Bat,

thanks for your answer! I've just tried that, unfortunately my badmemorylist is empty so the command didn't work. Here's a screenshot:

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)