Please Help Blue Screen - Can't Bootup

Shikaree 21:07 07 Aug 2009

Hi Folks,

My computer was booted up and I was working with it a few minutes when all of a sudden a Blue Screen appeared with the following:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you have seen Stop Error Screen, restart your computer.

If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Desable or uninstall any anti-virus desk defragmentation or backup utility. Check your hard drive configration and check for any updated drivers. Run chkdsk /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technology Information: *** STOP: 0x00000024, cox00190203, 0x83752118, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000

What is this all about, please, please HELP!!

I can't bootup in Safe Mode as I get the same as above.

I have tried hitting Delete as soon as it bootsup to go to Bios. My hard drive and DVDs are showing there, seems ok there. Hit esc and it starts booting up and the Blue Screen appears.

Please HELP!!!

Shikaree

GaT7 21:33 07 Aug 2009

Which OS please?

Have you tried the 'Last known good configuration' option or System Restore click here?

Do you have the original/recovery OS disk? If yes (& no joy with the above), try running a recovery, or doing an OS repair-install. Only attempt these after carrying out a thorough backup, e.g. by connecting the drive to another working PC & copying files across. G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:35 07 Aug 2009

Definition: STOP 0x00000024, or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Applies to: Windows XP and other operating systems.

This stop error means that your ntfs file system is corrupt (damage in the file system, bad hard drive data, corrupt SCSI or IDE drivers or a corrupt ntfs.sys file).

There are two ways to resolve the problem?

1, If you still can access Windows, try to disable any backup programs, virus scanning programs or disk defragmenter tools. Try also to run a hardware diagnostics tool to detect any errors your hard drive might have. And run chkdsk /r to detect and repair any file system structural damage.

2, If you are unable to load Windows. Then you should try to access your ntfs partitions by either using your XP CD and booting to recovery console and type chkdsk /r at the c:\ prompt

or
by making a ntfs boot disk with NTFS4DOS (freeware). You can download it from click here You will need a floppy disk.

After you load the bootable floppy disk onto your damaged system, select either option one (1) or option three (3). If you selected option one (1), type chkdsk /r at the command prompt, and your problem should go away after the disk has been repaired.

Note! Unfortunately there is a chance that your partition is corrupt beyond repair and all of your data is lost. In that case, you need to reformat the partition to be able to use it again.

Additional information can be found at click here;en-us;Q228888

Good luck!

skidzy 21:44 07 Aug 2009

This certainly looks like a file system error...corrupt ntfs.
One option that may help is to swap out the keyboard,for example if using a ps2 keyboard ...try a usb one or vice-a-versa.

Failing this,remove the harddrive and connect to another computer and run chkdsk /r on the drive.

skidzy 21:45 07 Aug 2009

Apologies Fruit Bat /\0/\ i walked away from the computer and forgot to refresh.

Shikaree 22:01 07 Aug 2009

Crossbow7 - XP Pro +SP2

Fruit Bat /\0/\ - Can't load Windows goes as far as Welcome to Windows and the Blue Screen appears.

I saw Skybot Search & Destroy or SuperantiSpyware little Window requesting Download Updates I clicked on that and that's when it all started.

When it starts booting up I can access Bios and see my Hard Drive and DVDs there. they seem all ok

Luckly I Cloned my Hard Drive a few months ago so I'm able to get to you kind Folks for Help.

Thanks

Shikaree

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:13 07 Aug 2009

CAn you put the bad drive as a slave with your cloned drive?

If so run the disk checking tool from XP windows Accessories

Shikaree 22:31 07 Aug 2009

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\,

That's what I was planning to do. Both my Hard Drives are Partitioned as C & G On G I have all my personal data, you know all my writings an pictures etc. I do hope all that will be safe. Ok This Cloned Drive I'm using now also has it all but there is a lot more in the faulty one.

Tomorrow I will Slave the Faulty H/D and see if I can access 'G'

And I will 'run the disk checking tool from XP windows Accessories'

My mistake, I should have Cloned every week.

Shikaree

Shikaree 22:58 07 Aug 2009

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\,

1. How safe will it be if I connect the Faulty H/D as Slave to my Cloned one I'm using. I hope this H/D won't get currupt too.

2. Using The Floppy for repair - I have downloaded NTFS4DOS (freeware). How will I use this Floppy - Bootup with it.

Thanks

Shikaree

Shikaree 16:34 08 Aug 2009

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\,

... by making a ntfs boot disk with NTFS4DOS (freeware). You can download it from click here You will need a floppy disk.

After you load the bootable floppy disk onto your damaged system,...

I can't bootup my computer, so how do I load the Floppy Disk on to the system. Please advice. Sorry for being less knowledgeable on this matter.

Thanks

Shikaree

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:09 08 Aug 2009

do you have a floppy disk drive in your computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?