Please help - Auto brightness

EQdnb 14:54 30 Jul 2014

This is driving me mad, and it drove me mad last time and I can't remember how I fixed it. I have just installed windows 8.1 on a new PC with an LG 22EA53 monitor and Nvidia Geforce 650 Ti. I don't know which of these is causing the problem but my screen keeps changing brightness depending what is on the screen and it is driving me nuts. I had this problem on my old PC but I cannot remember the solution or if it happened on purchase of win 8.1 the GFX card or the monitor. I have tried several solutions from Google and none have worked. I have tried: turning off 'enable adaptive brightness' in power options (was already set to off) disabling almost everything to do with the gfx card on startup checked every menu I can find on the monitor and a couple of other things I have forgotten.

I know this can be fixed as I did so with a solution I found through Google on my old PC, but am having no luck and am hoping one of you can please save me!

Thanks

Woolwell 15:38 30 Jul 2014

Could be a monitor setting. Have you looked under any power saving settings?

Mr Mistoffelees 21:11 30 Jul 2014

I think that might be dynamic contrast at work. You will need to look in the monitor's settings, using the buttons on the monitor, and turn it off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires