Please Help!!

Dazwm 21:28 14 Apr 2003

Hi

I have recently upgraded from ME to XP but when I start up my computer a box says "CD Recording Software will cause windows to become unstable. Windows has prevented these drivers from loading" Why is this because my CD-RW works ok. My CD-RW is a HP 9100 series.
Does anyone know how to rectify this or stop this warning appearing everytime I start up?

AMD 4 ever 21:34 14 Apr 2003

Search the MS updates. I remember this happening to me from a upgrade, I had Easy CD-Creator, I had to upgrade to platinum version.

spaciousmonti 21:39 14 Apr 2003

xp records cd-r itself withou 3rd party software, althougth it is pretty basic

AMD 4 ever 21:51 14 Apr 2003

and it wont support the latest Write speeds(Could be wrong).
Try uninstalling your Software for the CDRW, as it should be just fins as a CDROM!

bruno 23:57 14 Apr 2003

Do you have Adaptec CD creator5.I got this message when I installed XP pro 6 months ago and I went to their site and downloaded an update for XP.It cured the problem.

bruno 23:59 14 Apr 2003

Just read AMD forever's post and did not mean to duplicate it.Incidentally,I had Platinum, but still had to update.

beeuuem 01:34 15 Apr 2003

Roxio say that the basic version of ECCD supplied with your model is 4.05click here
This version wil not work with XP and there are no drivers to make it work, XP is only supported on version 5 upwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?