Please help!!!

PARCHY99 13:18 26 Jan 2011

Hi,

I have just bought a 7" somertek midi tablet, operating on the android system.

I am not well schooled in pc's and cannot figure out what is required for me to get online? It didn't come with any instructions and i cannot get any method to work. So i have the following questions:

1)Is it possible to get online using a mobile broadband dongle? if so how, i cannot get it to work.(this would be my preferred method)

2)i tried connecting by inserting my pc ethernet cable into it and nothing happened? is this method possible.

3)i have noticed that there is a sd card port (i think) or a space for a sim card, is there something else i need to buy?

any help would be greatly appreciated

big thanks in advance

pete.

GaT7 13:39 26 Jan 2011

Did it come with a manual or instructions?

When you inserted your ethernet cable, do you mean from your broadband connection? If yes, did you then try opening the tablet's Internet browser application to check if you are connecting online? G

GaT7 13:42 26 Jan 2011

"It didn't come with any instructions..."

Sorry, missed that bit! G

"1)Is it possible to get online using a mobile broadband dongle?"

Possibly yes. Does it have a USB port? G

PARCHY99 13:45 26 Jan 2011

iT DIDNT COME WITH ANY MANUAL OR INSTRUCTIONS AND WHEN I PHONE IJT (THE COMPANY I BOUGHT IT FROM) THEY WERE PARTICULARLY UNHELPFUL.

WHEN YOU PLUG THE ETHERNET CABLE IN A TWO WAY ARROW APPEARS AT THE TOP BUT ANY PAGE YOU TRY TO CONNECT TO IT SAYS "WEB PAGE NOT AVAILABLE"

IF IT HELPS THIS IS THE LINK TO THE ITEM

click here

TY

PARCHY99 13:46 26 Jan 2011

IT COMES WITH AN ATTACHMENT THAT YOU PLUG INTO THE BOTTOM WHICH HAS 2 USB PORTS AND AN ETHERNET CONNECTION

northumbria61 13:51 26 Jan 2011

There is a bit of info. here regarding the spec. click here

woodchip 13:53 26 Jan 2011

Have a look hear you may find some help for the tablet click here

woodchip 13:55 26 Jan 2011

Reading up on it, it looks like dead duck

PARCHY99 13:58 26 Jan 2011

SORRY I DONT UNDERSTAND?

DO YOU MEAN IT WILL NEVER WORK?

lotvic 14:01 26 Jan 2011

Not if you continue to shout at us.

Please do not type in capitals that is the equivalent of shouting and is very rude manners.

GaT7 14:02 26 Jan 2011

I think what woodchip is trying to say is that the quality is not very good, & hence unlikely to last very long - that's even if you can get it to work. It's a failure as a product.

"....WHEN I PHONE IJT (THE COMPANY I BOUGHT IT FROM) THEY WERE PARTICULARLY UNHELPFUL."

Bad service & looks like a faulty one. I would send it back for a refund.

Please do not use CAPITALS in your posts. Ta, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone