Please help!!!!

Fogstar 18:09 30 Mar 2006

I have a problem with my new build that appears to be stopping me from using the vga port on my graphics card.

i am missing the following files (apparently):

nvsvc32.exe
nv4_mini.sys

also when windows starts up (just as it gets to the desktop), it says "failed to load nvcpl.dll"

i have tried downloading this file and copying it to the system folder but it don't work.

please help!!!

ACOLYTE 18:12 30 Mar 2006

You need to install the g card drivers again,these files should be installed with them.
Go to you card makers site and download the full driver this should have all the files.

Fogstar 18:15 30 Mar 2006

have tried it, but will have another go and get back to you.

cheers

ACOLYTE 18:21 30 Mar 2006

This file nvcpl.dll should be located in the system32 folder if you have xp not the system folder.

Fogstar 18:33 30 Mar 2006

i have tried to install the drivers again. it runs through the process fine and then when launching windows, i get a flash of a blue screen with loads of white writing on it, then it reboots the system and i have to load the last configuration that worked

ACOLYTE 18:46 30 Mar 2006

Did you uninstall the old driver before installing the new one?

To disable the system from rebooting so you can read the blue screen right click my computer select the advanced tab and on start up and recovery select the settings button then untick automatically resart,next time it has the blue screen it will stay on screen and you can read it,you will have to reboot manually after though.

ACOLYTE 18:50 30 Mar 2006

I assume you have a nvidea graffix card?,i know its a daft question but you didnt say and the files you mention are for nvidea cards.

hzhzhz 18:51 30 Mar 2006

Another thread which will be impossible to find because of the non title.

Fogstar 18:54 30 Mar 2006

yes and i do apologise for my vagueness.
will have a go on trying to read the blue screen

thank you for your help

ACOLYTE 18:58 30 Mar 2006

Sorry RE: my other post, that should read right click my computer select properties then the advanced tab lol,getting old(

ulrich 19:00 30 Mar 2006

Uninstall everything Nvidia in the add/remove programme, also use the search device for anything left. Then switch off and restart and install the drivers again eithe from the disc or download direct from Nvidia. When you do have a problem use title such as Graphic Card Problem. Which card do you have?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?