please help

pixie-egg 19:42 06 Apr 2004

Can somebody please tell me if i can play Windows 95 games on Windows XP? I've just bought a rugby game but the computer wont let me play it! or uninstall it for that matter.

VoG II 19:44 06 Apr 2004

Try running it in Compatability Mode - have a look in Help and Support to see how to do this.

pixie-egg 19:52 06 Apr 2004

tried that VoG, and just got sent to a Windows XP catalogue. how do i get into compatability mode?

VoG II 19:53 06 Apr 2004
  pixie-egg 19:57 06 Apr 2004

Thanks for that VoG, but because its a game when i click on properties, there is no compatability tab. Any suggestions?

pixie-egg 19:59 06 Apr 2004

it does mention the 'program compatability wizard' but how do i get him?

Graham ® 21:02 06 Apr 2004

'To start the Program Compatibility Wizard, click Start, click Help and Support, click Find compatible hardware and software for Windows XP, and then, under See Also in the navigation pane, click Program Compatibility Wizard.'

It's all on your computer. Best of luck.

Graham ® 21:20 06 Apr 2004

Or 'To set the compatibility properties for a program manually
Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties.
Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your program.'

If you've installed the game successfully, XP should give you the compatability option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone