Please critique website

tarpleyc 06:42 25 Oct 2008

My wife is trying to sale custom tye dye bags online. She is using a template but she modified it a little. Looking for some honest opinions. She has heard from her friends but you know how friends are. The website address is click here

Thanks

Kevscar1 08:31 25 Oct 2008

haven't looked at it and I suggest you delete this post before you are reported to the FE for advertising.

mco 13:51 25 Oct 2008

No I don't think this is advertising Kevscar; people are allowed to post their sites for critique. A few pointers tarpleyc: (I am using Opera by the way) the way I get a click and have to wait when I click on the page links is a bit of a pain; I think you've done them in flash; it might be better to use simple html links instead. If you are going to have a page of links then make them relevant to the bags business, not some computer repair business. Also - do not make the email addresses clickable as you could get no end of spam. YOu could make it an image and people have actually to type the email in themselves. I notice from one page to another the text size/font changes - keep it consistent throughout the site. Also - check spellings: the plural of grocery is groceries, not with 'y apostrophe s'

brundle 16:24 25 Oct 2008

The time for plastic bags are at end.

"is at an end"

Forum Editor 20:00 25 Oct 2008

as has already been mentioned.

grocery's should be groceries

color should be colour (unless you're american)
and lite should be light. There may be more.

I completely agree that the site is rather drab when you consider that the bags are multicoloured - a white or very pale blue background would look far better.

gerri-atrick 23:54 03 Nov 2008

Oh Dear :0

That was like going back to the 90`s, it reminds me of my first site all those years ago, but i never used the space bar as much to position text.

If you sell anything on that site then i will be amazed.
Now for the good bits ........................ hang on im looking ................................................... gimme time ............................... eh ......nope cant find anything going for it, sorry :(

anchor 15:04 04 Nov 2008

Judging by the pricing being in $$, and the telephone number appears to be in the USA, I think this is certainly an American site.

Hence the spelling differences.

cortez© 15:21 19 Nov 2008

If your hoping to sell products usimng that site then good. It looks huighly unprofessional due color choices and use of stupidly large font.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone