Please comment on my new website using NoChex

murgle 21:45 13 Oct 2006

Hi,

I have just got rid of the PayPal merchant tools on my website and am now using romancart and Nochex instead. I have made some minor changes to the design and navigation and would be grateful for any comments.

click here

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards

PurplePenny 22:23 13 Oct 2006

Why did you drop PayPal? It has been our experience that far more people have PayPal accounts than NoChex. Why not accept both?

Forum Editor 00:59 14 Oct 2006

you haven't got rid of PayPal -it's still showing as a payment option on the checkout.

Penny's right, by the way - far more people have Paypal accounts, and I agree with her, you should offer both options.

murgle 14:32 14 Oct 2006

Thanks for your replies. What I meant was that I was no longer using PayPal merchant tools on the site (add to basket tools).

I dropped PayPal as I was receiving so many requests by customers to pay by other means due to people not wanting to use PayPal's payment system.

Also I have experienced PayPal deducting funds from my account if ever there was a problem with a customers payment, only to loose the goods and the payment for them. Paypal charges are also more than NoChex.

You do not need a NoChex account to make a payment using the Nochex payment system. You can pay with any credit or debit card.

I would be grateful for any comments on the site and whether you found navigation easy.

Many thanks

sean-278262 01:58 16 Oct 2006

You make no mention that it is taking you to another website for payment. Not very wise idea. You need to be more specific that this is how it works for your customers. Customers wont like the sound of a 3rd party having their card numbers. Most people only know of paypal much the same as ipod users only know of ipods and everything else isnt an mp3 player.

Overall a pretty nice site. BTW are those delimiters legal in this country to just be installed without mention to the insurance company(I didn't think they were)? And shouldnt there be advisory mention of the fact that modifications need to be made known to the insurers. Just some ideas of things that may need to be added to the site.

murgle 10:49 22 Oct 2006

I found your comments regarding a 3rd party taking the payment details interesting. I assumed most online shops used a 3rd party for processing payments. Is there something particularly wrong with the way my payments are taken ? Customers have the option pay using PayPal.

The converters / delimiters are legal and are often used for the SVA test.

Thank you

spuds 23:02 22 Oct 2006

I don't know if I am looking correctly, but where is the details regarding payment by NoChex, I can only see PayPal,Debit-Credit card or Cheque, as a method of payment.

Agree with you on NoChex payments, by far the easier payment method, especially as no account is required.

Checking on the terms and condition page, regarding returns and cancellations, I think that you could be in contravention of the click here and perhaps other consumer regulations.Might be worth looking further into that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?