Please check my flash intro

babybell 11:24 17 Oct 2008

I have added a flash intro to our rugby club website and although it is fine on my home pc and works pc and also another friends pc, a 2nd friend says the intro is just looping over and over again and he cannot get into the main site.

We have an issue with where the logo is appearing on the site but this is only a minor issue which i can sort.

Can someone have a look and see if they can get into the sight. Cheers

click here

mco 16:51 17 Oct 2008

I agree; it is unnecessary. You just need to be able to go straight to the front/home page. Less is often More.

Forum Editor 23:18 17 Oct 2008

with the Flash intro in Google Chrome. In the beta version of Internet Explorer 8 your navigation buttons don't load at all.

That Flash intro page is without purpose, as fourm member and mco have pointed out, and I recommend that you remove it immediately. Flash should only be used when there's a specific advantage in terms of site presentation, and never as a result of the 'because I can' syndrome.

I suspect that you have taken an off-the shelf template and tinkered with it. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but it's probably the cause of some of the navigation button problems. In Google Chrome there's a vertical navigation bar appearing on the Flash intro page. It doesn't work, but just sits there.

Kill the Flash, and concentrate on getting the site template to work smoothly.

Gingermum 08:45 19 Oct 2008

I thought flash intros died 5 years ago. And everybody did a big cheer. There's no easier way of putting off your users. Get rid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?