please can someone stop the rot??!!

pixieegg 20:59 18 Sep 2008

Please can someone help me with a dodgy dvd burner? I'm running pre-installed Vista on an Acer m5100-517a which i bought from Comet. The dvd burner is an DH16A3S which has never worked properly. I got in touch with ACER and they just told me to do a system restore. Am i being stupid? How can that help if its never worked?? It burns cd's fine and will play dvd's, but when i try to burn anything to dvd it says there's no burner installed. I've tried using all the different formats but to no avail. I've just spent hours trying to make a dvd of my baby son, only to have to scrap it cos it wouldn't work! Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Eric10 21:11 18 Sep 2008

A DVD burner has 2 lasers. One for burning CDs and one for burning DVDs. It seems that the DVD laser is faulty. If it is still under warranty then it should be Comet's problem since they are the point of Sale.

pixieegg 21:13 18 Sep 2008

Thanks very much for your response Eric. That is indeed what the wife keeps telling me!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:26 18 Sep 2008

What burning software are you trying to use?

Deepburner click here

pixieegg 21:39 18 Sep 2008

i tried using Windows own dvd maker. And i'm currently trying to use NTIs version.

woodchip 23:21 18 Sep 2008

Try this click here I have used it in the past

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017