playstation game on pc

strech 08:15 05 Apr 2006

i my son has a play station 2 in is bedroom
on a portable tv and he would like to play his
games on my pc is there a program i can getfor
the pc to allow him to that

thanks

hzhzhz 08:29 05 Apr 2006

Not as far as I know. You will have to get the pc version of the games. Quite a few good games are now out on the pc gamer series at very good prices. Ive usually seen these in supermarkets.

wolfie3000 12:38 05 Apr 2006

How old is your son as i can reccomend a few fully free online games that you can download legally for free?

But some have 15 and over ratings.

wolfie3000 12:41 05 Apr 2006

Heres one suitable for all the family and has been rated highly by other forum members.

click here

ACOLYTE 12:47 05 Apr 2006

Well you could try click here i have not tried it and dont know if it works,but on searching the web this site pops up a great deal.

However, I have found out the following from their site and forum faq:
1. The game will not play at full speed with sound and perfect graphics due to complex nature of PS2 emulation.
2. Not all games work! You will need to test or read through their forums to find the specific ones that is playable.
3. You will need a BIOS, which is copyright of SONY. The bios can be obtained from your own PS2! Duh...
4. Recommended System:
- AMD64s or Pentium 4 (newer versions)
- Pixel Shader 2.0 (nVidia 6k or latest ATI cards)
- At least 512 mb RAM

Sounds a lot of hassle to me lol.

wolfie3000 12:53 05 Apr 2006

Iv never liked emulators myself iv tryed one for a playstation 1 and after two days of messing around it screwed up my system but that was a long time ago the one ACOLYTE reccomended might be just the job,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone