Playstation emulator?

jake2 21:53 01 Nov 2005

Can anybody suggest where I can download an emulator to allow me to play my ps games on my pc? I had one of these years ago (not very good if I remember) but lost it when the pc crashed (faulty memory module)I assume this is legal as I have the original games and the playstation?

Splork 21:56 01 Nov 2005

Bleem demo here click here
I remember playing a perfect emulation of Gran Turismo 2 on an emulator way back, ePSX perhaps....

Splork 22:00 01 Nov 2005

click here
If you can still get the plugins it should work flawlessly for many games

flimbo 22:02 01 Nov 2005

Use ePSXe.
click here
Good luck in finding a Bios image.

jake2 22:03 01 Nov 2005

Thanks Splork. I see folowing your link for ePSX there are three downloads? Do I need to download all three or are they three versions of the same thing? (sorry for being thick!) It also mentions
"Make sure to also download and configure the plugins & playstation bios otherwise ePSXe will not work"
Is this fairly straightforward?

Splork 22:10 01 Nov 2005

I know I used the first two - there are some configuration options that normally need fiddling with to get the program to work with all PSX .ISO's - you will need to have a PSX BIOS tho, as flimbo mentioned, but that's copyrighted.

Splork 22:12 01 Nov 2005

I have no idea where you would go to get the BIOS file but you need it to get the emulator to work.

Chegs ® 23:03 01 Nov 2005

My initial attempts at PS emulators was a traumatic one,Colin McRae Rally at warpfactor 10,000!!!

The car was so flippin quick off the line,it had to have been crashed a dozen times before it was slow enough to control.Corners were a psychic phenomenom,so quickly did they arrive.After a week of frightening myself with my mad cars,I gave up and returned to PS games on a real PS. :-)

jake2 09:41 03 Nov 2005

Thanks all. I think I'll forget about this idea for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?