Playing/copying DVDS to Samsung N110 netbook

dongleman 11:52 25 Sep 2009

Hi,

Bought a Samsung N110 netbook and an external Samsung DVD drive. When I try to play a DVD I get picture but no sound. When I look at the properties on my ext. drive it only shows a video ts file or on other dvds it shows an audio ts file as empty. I've tried the drive on my laptop and it works fine.

It's the same with a mirror image I made, picture but no sound. I want to put films on to my hard drive to watch on my travels. I have a free copy of nero 8 which came with the dvd drive. I tried to recode to mpeg4? files but it said I would need an upgrade to do this.

I don't want to upgrade if it doesnt cure the problem. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:17 25 Sep 2009

Go to the Properties of the CD drive in Device Manager, put a check mark in the box "Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device". This will let you play audio CDs digitally on the CD-ROM drive.

If using Windows Media Player enable the Digital playback.

Have a read click here

dongleman 13:52 25 Sep 2009

Hi Fruit Bat,

Thanks for answering.

The enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device". is checked. I can't find enable digital playback in wmp.(tools - options) I've downloaded wmp11but can't find it there either. I should have mentioned before that music CDs play back fine.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:39 25 Sep 2009

Perhaps you don't have the correct codecs on your samsung try the codec pack from click here

dongleman 15:30 25 Sep 2009

Wow. That did the trick. I'd seen this codec pack on my travels but wasn't that confident whether or not this was the problem. Excellent. Thank you very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?