playing through the TV

  cravenbiker 14:03 03 Jul 2008

Is there a harddrive that allows me to put movies that i download onto it and plug it straight into my pc?
what is this type of hardware called?

Thank you.

  Technotiger 14:11 03 Jul 2008

Don't know if you have worded your question quite right? But what you appear to be asking about is simply a USB External Hard-drive onto which you can put downloaded movies. Any external hard-drive will enable you to do this.

  cravenbiker 14:15 03 Jul 2008

im sorry, what i meant to say was a hard drive that i can the plug into my TV to play movies through.


  interzone55 14:16 03 Jul 2008

If you want a drive to load up with movies and plug into your TV you need something like this...

click here

  cravenbiker 14:22 03 Jul 2008

thats exactly what im looking for, does anyone know a bit more about the problems with these types of machines and things to loook out for when buying, ie ability to play high quality files and ability to update the codecs etc....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017