playing songs from desktop to netbook - problem

new214 14:07 28 Nov 2009

Hi guys, I used to be able to play songs/tunes from my desktop pc by using (pure av) mini audio sterio cable which I could plug into the headphones (green port) on desktop and in the linein (red port) on my laptop and i could play songs from my desktop to my laptop - all worked fine.

However Ive got a new netbook called MSI Wind U100 10in to replace broken laptop: -(click here)

and when I connect in the same manner i.e headphone to line in - it doesnt work saying unsupported???

I have also noticed when I click on volumn control (bottom right hand of windows taskbar) it is missing linein and microphone volumnn options -what should I do?

Anyone please advice????????

new214 14:52 31 Dec 2009

Anyone please advice????????

mgmcc 16:19 31 Dec 2009

I have just tried this, actually feeding sound from a Laptop running XP to a Netbook running Win 7, and found that I had to go into "Control Panel > Sounds" to enable listening to the connected device (the Laptop).

What you have to do will depend on the soundcard in the Netbook, but have a look in "Sounds & Audio Devices" to see what options are available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?