Playing a DVD with music on a hifi.?

Autoschediastic 21:49 17 Jul 2009

please could anyone tell me if this can be done.? i have a blank DVD & i want to transfer music on to it but be able to play it on my hifi.? i know this can be done as my wife had one a year or so but lost it, can anyone explain how to please i have Nero 8..

Thankyou

Technotiger 21:53 17 Jul 2009

Yes, it is quite simple - just make your music DVD in the normal way, and it should play fine. It is not like making a Video which has to be 'finalized' in order for it to play on a stand-alone player.

Autoschediastic 22:05 17 Jul 2009

Technotiger thanks for the reply BUT ive done this in the past & the cd player/hi-fi says NO DISC.?? where am i going wrong.?

Jim_F 22:24 17 Jul 2009

A CD player can't play a DVD, but most DVD's can play CD's so to play on a CD-based Hifi you would need to record on a CD-r.

Even then CDr's are not always good to play on Music CD players so experiment before burning loads.

Technotiger 22:36 17 Jul 2009

Sorry, Jim_F is right of course, I must have been having a Senior Moment - or else was thinking of playing on a PC!

karmgord 22:44 17 Jul 2009

buy a cheap (only about£20 these days) DVD player then connect audio out to aux in on hifi

eedcam 10:07 18 Jul 2009

Autoschediastic
Perhaps this would be of use I use it Of course you cant get as many tracks and alas not free but the quality is equal to the source
click here
Of course it stil wont play on a cd player
But you were'nt talking about Dvd audio by any chance as they will play on some high end cd players . Alas a superior format disappearing in the dust

Autoschediastic 09:22 20 Jul 2009

Many thanks for you replies people!!

I am very greatful!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?