Playback on Pan:DVD Recorder DMR EH60 DEBS

beanyboy 20:20 02 Jan 2006

I am a newie! I would like further advice please.After recording from BBC 1 via the Freeview Receiver that is integrated in with this Panasonic DVD Recorder I get momentary glitches (lasting a second or 2 seconds eachtime) of picture freezing and blackouts and loud clicks and general pixilating , all of which is very frustrating. I have had one or two suggestions of what it might be, but what I would like is a definite solution. That is to say has anyone else had it and actually cured it with a proven remedy. If so,I would dearly like to know what that remedy is and how to apply it please. Any real and as I said proven remedy would be truly appreciated. Regards to all. Ken.

Mikè 21:20 02 Jan 2006

It sounds to me like poor reception, try recording BBC1 this usually is a stronger station.

Carbonara 21:35 02 Jan 2006

It does sound like your aerial is not up to receiving Freeview channels.

beanyboy 09:56 03 Jan 2006

Mike and Carbonera.
thanks for coming back. To Mike ...It was on BBC 1 that I got the problem. I gather that if I record using 901 instead of just 1 tis ok 'cos that is the analogue signal however the whole point of the new Kit is that I want Digital signals . It sound as if Carbonera has hit the nail etc . It could be the signal and an old Aerial . I had hoped though that somebody else had had the problem and had definitely fixed it.New Aerials cost and I wanted to be sure. Thanks again though.

amonra 20:12 03 Jan 2006

Yes, classic symptoms of poor signal, picture breaking up, pixelising, sound clicks. Had it myself until I fitted a pre-amp to the aerial.
One other possibility, I had a load of trouble when I used a SamsungSDT 7000 box. That would freeze if you looked at it the wrong way ! But definitely try a pre-amp first, about £10/£12 in most TV shops.

Icky 20:25 03 Jan 2006

I bought a Freeview receiver about a month ago and had the same problem. I had a new wideband aerial fitted on the chimney just before Christmas and now everything is perfect.

beanyboy 09:13 04 Jan 2006

Thanks Icky and Amonra. You seem to confirm that it is the Aerial / Signal problem. Thanks very much. I am already seeing about having a Wideband Antenna or Extra Boost Aerial fitted.
The chap who is coming to have a look recommends a Triax 52 Aerial which seems to be the " bees knees" as far as he was concerned.I will also look into the Pre-amp possibility as well.
Thanks again. I really do appreciate your input and advice.
Cheers
Ken B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)