Playback DVD at 16:9

tonyq 11:15 13 Jun 2007

I have just installed a Panasonic DMR-EX85EB DVD Recorder.My problem is that when I play back (from hard drive)on to the TV Widescreen (16:9) aspect,the play back is in 4:3 aspect. Looking through the Operating Instructions I cannot find out how to change this .Please can anyone tell me how I get to view playback at the 16:9 aspect so as to fill the screen.

johnnyrocker 11:26 13 Jun 2007

what make and how old is tv? when you say "hard drive" are you referring to pc?

johnny.

tonyq 11:41 13 Jun 2007

My TV is a LG Widescreen about 3yrs old, the hard drive in question is on the DVD Recorder.

johnnyrocker 11:48 13 Jun 2007

you might get more info click here=

johnny.

eedcam 14:25 13 Jun 2007

Have you set the aspect ratio on the recorder to widescreen Page 14 in the manual

anchor 14:26 13 Jun 2007

I have the Panasonic DMR-EX75EB-S, HDD/DVD recorder, and instructions how to make the change were hidden in the manual. Have another good search through yours.

I had the reverse problem as my TV is still in the old 4:3 format.

tonyq 17:31 13 Jun 2007

firstly thank you all for the replies,I have been looking through the menus to try to find something I could change to solve my problem but cannot see anything,(not to sure what I'm looking for).Please can someone advise me where in the menu to look. I have looked at page 14 as suggested then page 56 in the manual,what is in the manual is not the same as in the menus on screen.
On page 57 in the manual it says:
"Picture"
Progressive
[On] [Off]
Select [On] to activate full picture output.
I've no idea what Progressive does.
Don't know if this is the setting as it does
not show this on the DVD Recorder screen.

eedcam 18:47 13 Jun 2007

its the part before the progressive section says set to suit your tv I'm only lookung at the manual online i dont have this model but that and progressive are on page 14

eedcam 19:06 13 Jun 2007

[IMG]click here[/IMG] this is what I'm looking at Tony

tonyq 20:34 13 Jun 2007

eedcam
thanks for the info,I already have it set to the 16:9 aspect,can't understand what the "Progressive" does. The dvd recorder just seems not to record/playback in the 16:9 aspect for some reason.

johnnyrocker 22:56 13 Jun 2007

i believe it may be down to dvd type aas i had a customer with a similar panasonic DVD i gave up on it and he being persistent rang panasonice help and they told him to use a different type/make dvd and no probs since.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone