Play audio files in Firefox

seanquinn 23:01 21 Oct 2007

I run a small web shop selling my own music CDs and I have a facility to play a sound sample from each CD when its particular web page is opened.
In the past I used the EMBED> command (I do my own HTML coding) but a security change in the last version of IE blocked the direct running of media files ina web page. Microsoft offered a work-around which involves the web page calling a Javascript file which in turn calls the audio file, which in my case is an Mp3.
This works fine in the latest version of IE too, but not at all in Firefox, at least not on my computer. I have Java, Quicktime and Media Player all installed, but no joy. I am assuming any other Firefox users out there won't hear my music either...why does Firefox not play my Mp3s and is there an add-on, extension or work-around that I need to make my web pages work with Firefox or what is the problem?
Anyone with Firefox who wants to try it for me, check out: click here. Thanks

mco 13:28 22 Oct 2007

I'm sorry I can't help you, suffice to bring the bad news that I can't hear it in FF or Opera or Netscape - but fine in IE7 (so I presume also in IE6 though I didn't try)

brundle 20:03 23 Oct 2007

I don't know how much difference it makes but the page doesn't validate - maybe IE7 is defaulting to quirks mode while the other browsers just ignore what they can't render.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?