Pixvue

ChrisP 11:33 03 Nov 2004

I followed up a tip about a freeware program called Pixvue and downloaded it. It worked fine and is a good program, accessed from the Explorer Right-Click menu, to allow sorting and viewing of photos and seeing the corresponding exif data.

Everybody's computer is configured in a different way these days but I thought readers of this thread might be helped by my subsequent experience.

Since installing Pixvue, I found subsequently that I could not right-click in Windows Explorer and even PowerDesk right-clicking caused a crash and return to the Desktop. In Windows Explorer I was also unable to open either the File or Edit commands in the Taskbar although the other commands (View, Tools, etc) seemed OK. I note that this problem with Windows Explorer has featured both here and in the SP2 Helpline.

I tried to use System Restore but my computer would not do this and returned me to the present. I have GoBack also and this did not have any Revert Points more than 24h old. However, the good news is that, by uninstalling Pixvue (Control Panel, Add/Delete Programs) I have been able to get my file handling back to normal.

So, although Pixvue is a great program, be careful and check whether Windows Explorer works properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?