Pixelated images!?

linzoid90 15:04 30 Mar 2011

Hi. I use an Orange internet dongle on my laptop to access the internet. I've been using it for a year or so with no problems like this before now.

Whether using chrome or Internet explorer to browse the internet, all images I view are pixelated and blurry... I REALLY would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ian in Northampton 17:41 30 Mar 2011

Often, that might happen if you have somehow set your settings to magnify pages. This would mean that any low resolution images would appear larger - but would be blurred and/or pixellated.

Graphicool1 10:49 31 Mar 2011

What browser are you using.

I use IE7 and on the bottom right corner of the page you'll see a magnifying glass and next to it is a number and percentage sign '%'. The number should be set to 100% (Normal Size). By clickling on the arrow beside it, you can change the magnification or custom set it.

The quality of the enlargement, will ~ as Ian in Northampton said ~ depend on the quality of the original.

I don't know wether or not all browsers have this ability?

linzoid90 12:08 31 Mar 2011

Whether I use Chrome or IE all images on every web page are lower quality than they should be. I've found that if I press CTRL, Shift & R while the cursor is on an image it will improve the image quality... But, obviously, I don't want to have to keep doing that!
In IE the magnifying glass is set to 100%.

Graphicool1 12:28 31 Mar 2011

What haveyou got your screen resolution set to?

>Control Panel<
>Display<
>Settings<

Screen Resolution:
Mine is set to ~ 1024 by 768 pixels
Color Quality:
Highest [32 bit]

Under the 'Advanced' button
>General< tab
I have the...
DPI (dots per inch) set to:
Normal size [96 DPI]

linzoid90 12:31 31 Mar 2011

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've finally found the solution!

I went to: accelerator.orange.co.uk, turned the accelerator off, saved settings... now all seems well again :)

hiwatt 15:14 31 Mar 2011

Bookmarked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017