spike22 00:01 21 Jan 2004

Hello
Can I have some advice please.
When logging off or shutting down
message Pix Alert ending program is displayed
as though have not closed it down properly
- yet have not started or run such a program
only have desktop shortcut icon.
Cannot find anywhere through msconfig/startup ?
I realise this is probably nothing major but i am confused - dont want to remove program thru
control panel ? new pc`er

Falkyrn 00:04 21 Jan 2004

Checking with google only shows pix alert as a monitoring program for recording what is done on a machine eg a parent checking on a child !
see
click here

spike22 00:10 21 Jan 2004

falkyrn
Dont let my children on yet - am bigger than them
icon btm right toolbar says `enabled`
can i disable and if so how ?

Chegs ® 02:12 21 Jan 2004

I doubt if its possible to disable it as the child could use the same method to disable it too.Unless it has a setting in Options(which you need to insert the password to get to)

Falkyrn 17:41 21 Jan 2004

The manufacturers website as above does not give any details about disabling the product (no big surprise) However as it appears to be run at start up I would as you have done check thru msconfig but if there is nothing there this would possibly lead to a need for a registry edit although exactly where I'm unable to say.

From the blurb on the website pixalert appears to be a monitor for images viewed on a pc and on first initiation requires an 8 digit password to be set before operating.

It may be possible to disable the program although as I have never used it or its ilk I have no idea how (I don't suppose it would be as simple as right clicking and selecting the operating properties?)

spike22 21:58 21 Jan 2004

Just logged in after some other problems
see outlook express... etc.
Thank you both for the comments re pix alert of previous.
fair point re enable/disable.
Right click properties leads me nowhere- never mind it is not doing any harm I can live with it.

spike22 21:58 21 Jan 2004

Just logged in after some other problems
see outlook express... etc.
Thank you both for the comments re pix alert of previous.
fair point re enable/disable.
Right click properties leads me nowhere- never mind it is not doing any harm I can live with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?