Pitch change when recording through sound card

Karl1171 22:47 05 Jul 2004

Hi I'm new on here. My computer is old and slow but I'm satisfied with it.

However I have this problem that if I record through the internal sound card (VIA) the playback of what I recorded is 'slowed down' by around 2 semitones.

I have fitted a Creative SB16 soundcard from my previous PC and don't experience the problem when recording through this.

My pc is 900MHz 128M Ram running Windows 98SE

Any Ideas (apart from bin it, obviously!)

hugh-265156 23:01 05 Jul 2004

i wouldnt know a semitone if it fell on me lol! modern onboard sound can be quite good though older onboard chips be it for video or audio are not the best if you want good quality audio and video. does updating the via drivers help any?

why not just keep the soundblaster installed as you say this works or purchase a newer 5.1 model for £25 or so.

Karl1171 23:18 05 Jul 2004

I'd rather take the SB16 out as I want to use it elsewhere, and also free up the pci slot.

I'm happy with the sound quality - the driver is not the problem as far as I'm aware, as I've had the problem since I downloaded it from microsoft.

hugh-265156 23:42 05 Jul 2004

microsoft drivers will more than likley be quite old. click here for via drivers. dont forget to take out the sb card first though :-)

what player are you using to play back the audio? some have a pitch control.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?