Piriform Defraggler

zant 06:41 07 Sep 2009

I wonder if anyone has used Piriform Defraggler. On my XP Desktop and Laptop it seems no better than the windows built in one. On my Vista Home Premium it was still hard at it after 12 hours and showing 29%. I defragged using windows prog which took about 1 hour, tried Piriform again and it was still no better. Any comments would be appreciated.

gel 07:22 07 Sep 2009

Try
click here

Go to Free auslogics disk defrag
its quick and and easy to use
gel

Andsome 08:24 07 Sep 2009

Defragler left behind a host of fragments on my computer that Diskeeper later dealt with. Diskeeper is unbeatable.

ol blueeyes 08:39 07 Sep 2009

My Daughter has just used Defraggler having not defragmented for 4 years. As you can imagine her Disc was a mess. It took 18 hours 15 minutes. Now her PC works a dream

zant 14:09 07 Sep 2009

Thanks all for your comments. I am familiar with Diskeeper and Auslogics. I was curious why when using Vista it took so long on a previous de-fragged disk, it is also my belief that it is no better than the bog standard windows tool, which leaves much to be desired.

Stuartli 14:36 07 Sep 2009

I don't know if it is still the case, but the Windows defrag utility used to be Diskkeeper (Lite)...:-)

zant 15:44 07 Sep 2009

Interesting one that Stuartli because I have never met a MS windows defrag that ran in the background, but to be fair I have only used the windows home versions, so may have missed something.

kdt 17:17 07 Sep 2009

I am using Diskkeeper Lite on my xp pro desktop for the past 4 years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone