pipex problems today??

palinka 10:26 11 Oct 2008

Anyone else having problems with Pipex today? When I try to get my email (OE) I get error message, "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com', Server: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F".
Can't get anything using Mailwasher either and using webmail is impossible too - the site is soooo slow to open, I can go away and eat a meal and it still hasn't opened.
Only problems reported on Pipex site relate to a date in august.
OS is Vista, bb connection.

palinka 10:33 11 Oct 2008

......and opening Mailwasher brings up a message "The connection was intentionally closed by the server before the session was completed."

colberly 11:15 11 Oct 2008

According to their site today there are problems with e mail. I'm getting the same error messages too and can't use e mail either on my elderly desktop running ME or Laptop with Vista.

Taff™ 11:27 11 Oct 2008

Having the same problems here too. Password/Username failures on one of three accounts and the same messages you`ve reported. The Pipex site service status isn`t being updated as you noted. Tiscali is also having problems.

colberly 11:28 11 Oct 2008

Just checked and the date on their site is August as you say, so have submitted an error question which won't be answered till the next business day which will probably be Monday. Bah!

palinka 11:46 11 Oct 2008

thanks everyone. Good (??) to know it isn't just me!

Halmer 11:47 11 Oct 2008

me too here in Staffordshire.

I get a connection timed out message on Thunderbird.

H

anchor 12:22 11 Oct 2008

Same here in NW London; no connection for receiving Pipex mail. Fortunately I rarely use their pop mail address to receive mail. I use their SMTP outgoing server, which is working OK.

anchor 12:26 11 Oct 2008

The Tiscali site states that their pop3 server is working 100%. It must be different for us Pipex users.

click here

orienne21 12:28 11 Oct 2008

I have the same problem with receiving email from Pipex but also I am not receiving any email to the tesco webmail service. Wonder if the problems are related.

Stuartli 14:29 11 Oct 2008

I pick up Pipex mail from my original dial.pipex.com e-mail service; however, today it is not responding during OE's every 10 minutes (default) trawling of various e-mail servers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017