Pipex e-mail server Problem?

Lettervanman 11:03 02 Jan 2005

I can't send or receive e-mail to day.No problem reported on Pipex site,anyone else having a problem?

Eric10 11:41 02 Jan 2005

No problem here with my Pipex email. Just sent a message to myself and it's come through ok.

Border View 12:00 02 Jan 2005

No problem here just sent an e-mail to myself and it came through immediately.

Border View 12:01 02 Jan 2005

Just a thought - do you use AVG antivirus software? I used to and had problems sending and receiving after installing V7. Now use Avast.

Lettervanman 12:08 02 Jan 2005

All o.k. now. Thanks Eric10 & Barmoor.
Not sure of reason,left computer on stand by over night and when I resumed it was fine on the web but Outlook Express would no send or receive.
When I shut down it warned ccApp was running and saved info,then shut down after saying logging off. It took a long time to shut down.
When restarted all was o.k.
This is a new box running XP. I was not aware of anything running in the background.
Sorry for this rant, might help someone in the future!
Thanks!

palinka 12:10 02 Jan 2005

no problem here, either, and I use Pipex.
I did have a problem (month or 2 ago) when I upgraded to AVG 7, but eventually turned out it was caused by firewall conflicting with AVG7 - changed to Sygate and no probs thereafter.
But if you've installed anything new recently might be worth uninstalling it temporarily and see if you can send/receive then

Lettervanman 12:13 02 Jan 2005

Yes I have been installing lots of stuff,(new Box)so may have a bearing on the problem if it returns. Watch this space!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie