Pipex Broadband No Dial Tone

Bruz 09:10 07 Mar 2007

At the part of the boot sequence where XP Pro SP2 comes in there is a click and the green modem phone line light starts to flash.
When we try to login we then get the message "No Dial Tone"
Can any one help me?
Bruz

Fingees 09:32 07 Mar 2007

Control panel
internet options
connections

make sure never dial a connection is ticked

Gongoozler 10:52 07 Mar 2007

The line light flashing usually tells you that your modem hasn't yet synchronised with the telephone exchange. This is quite often caused by a modem fault. The "No Dial Tone" message is the only language Windows knows for saying that it hasn't detected a connection to the telephone exchange. It's a left over from when nearly all computers used dial-up modems, so isn't really accurate terminology for broadband.

anchor 11:41 07 Mar 2007

As Gongoozler said, it could be a modem fault, equally it could be a fault at the exchange.

I leave my modem/router permanently connected, (except in thunderstorms), and find this better.

If the problem persists, (and the suggestion by fingees does`nt help), I suggest you contact Pipex support.

click here

I assume that the connection has worked OK in the past.

Bruz 19:11 07 Mar 2007

I re run all the tests and ran a line direct from the main phone connection. No change changed the filter and ADSL cable and it worked.
After returning all the phones to there normal positions I found a fault with a connection and adapter.
All is now well.
Thank you all for your input.
Bruz

anchor 09:47 08 Mar 2007

Glad all is resolved.

I now recall that a couple of years ago I suddenly had a connection problem; changing the filter remedied it. I had forgotten about this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?