PIPEX Broadband

Newuser1122 12:53 21 Jan 2006

Would like to hear your reports on the services and reliability of PIPEX

Halmer 13:02 21 Jan 2006

I've had it for two years.

Now paying £19.99 a month for 512kbps which is costly but it has always been extremely reliable for me so I don't want to change at the mo.

I think that it has failed twice in two years, once for a whole day and once for a half day.

I've called the helpline on five or six ocassions during that time (local rate)and have always found them to be reasonably helpful. It can be very difficult to get through though and a half an hour wait has been usual for me.

Stuartli 13:23 21 Jan 2006

Pipex has been a highly respected ISP since 1991 and apart from being noted for its excellent service, particularly to business users, has always been at the forefront of introducing new technology advances as and when necessary.

Taw® 13:36 21 Jan 2006

click here may be of interest. I have been with Pipex coming up to 4 years I am currently paying £23.99 a month for 1MB slightly over the odds but I concur with everything Halmer states.

Taff™ 13:48 21 Jan 2006

Similar - No problems and all aspects of the support is excellent. They also reward those customers who pass on referalls so drop one of us a personal message and we`ll send you one!

sunny staines 14:26 21 Jan 2006

I was with them.

customer service & support....very good

reason for leaving found faster cheaper ISP, up pipex had the best support of all ISP's I have used

johnnyrocker 14:29 21 Jan 2006

www,adslguide.org for comparitors

johnny.

anchor 15:51 21 Jan 2006

Pipex are certainly not the cheapest. However, its my personal experience in almost 4 years they are extremely reliable. Only one outrage in all that time.

palinka 16:31 21 Jan 2006

I've been with Pipex about 2 years. No problems, apart from an outage this week (half a day) and one last year sometime.
I'm on their Solo 250 - no longer available I believe - and obviously in the dark ages for BB speed - but it costs only £14.99 (or is it 15.99?)anyway, it's as cheap as my previous 24/7 dial-up whilst freeing up my phone and that is as important to me as BB speed.

chub_tor 17:05 21 Jan 2006

Freedon 2 Surf (f2s) is owned by Pipex. I have been with them for 18 months and they are excellent. I pay £14.99 for 2Mb speed and 2Gb cap which is adequate for me. I run 2 PC's through wired router/modem.

FreeCell 17:27 21 Jan 2006

Like others have said Pipex are reliable and quick to introduce new innovations, but they are not the cheapest. We pay 23.99 for a 1G service, we would get 2G if we were closer to exchange.

Refer to adsl Guide for reviews of ISPs
(click here)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?