pioneer dvr-112 ram burner-can't read ram discs

denboe 13:12 26 Jul 2007

My newly-installed Pioneer DVR-112 Ram burner can't read RAM discs recorded on my Panasonic DVD recorder.
All other disc-types-no problem.
I am a converted paper and pen man so I would appreciate any advice in 'not-too-technical terms!

Thanks, Denboe.

jimv7 16:00 26 Jul 2007

Have you tried updating the pioneer firmware, this can help with reading different brands of dvd.

click here

denboe 16:15 26 Jul 2007

Thanks jimv7. I've checked on the Pioneer site and the latest firmware up-date is version 1.09.
The firmware version on my 112 is 1.2.

holme 19:38 26 Jul 2007

I understand Panasonic's DVD-RAM format is not generally compatible with the DVD-RAM drivers for computer-based drives. Sometimes OK for data files (e.g. JPEGs), but not video. Also, if you re-format a DVD-RAM disc in the computer's drive, it isn't then readable by Panasonic's recorders. Catch 22...

If you wish to proceed, feel free to email me(denboe only please, via the yellow envelope) with the Panny DVD recorder's model no, the number of discs involved and whether their content is in any way 'private'. I'll then reply to let you know whether we can help - or not (no promises...).

denboe 09:49 27 Jul 2007

holme, thanks very much for your efficient help and kind offer in this matter. You have covered more helpful ground in 24 hours than I experienced in months of trawling through other forums! In plain simple language too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?