Pinnacle Studio 9 SE OEM

popgeorge 13:28 06 Sep 2005

I purchased a piece of software from E-Bay and received Pinnacle Studio 9SE OEM as a free gift.

I have been using Ulead Videostudio for a number of years although the last update recommended a higher screen resolution than the usual 800 x 600 which i use. This didn't seem to fit in with my programs in XP home edition so i installed it on a separate partition with the older version of Me installed.

I have just completed a download of video from my DVR using Ulead prog, no problem using Me.

Changing over to XP home and Pinnacle Se. I find that i can display and run the captured video's.
ok but if i try to capture again i repeatedly get the Microsoft error report and can go no further.

My question is, had i bought the full version could i have expected this sort of problem.

Chegs ® 15:30 06 Sep 2005

I used to use Studio 8,but everytime I used it I had an error popup 2nd time round.I tried various patches from Pinnacle,but nothing but a remove/reinstall would get it working again.I then upgraded to Studio 9,and haven't had any such hassles (yet) but have only used it a couple of times so far error free.

woodchip 15:35 06 Sep 2005

Have you downloaded updates for Studio 9 se it is now up to 9.4 something. The last update is a big one. to get the full update, but it works better

ACOLYTE 16:46 06 Sep 2005

Maybe because its the SE version its limited to how many times you can use the capture option.

popgeorge 18:15 06 Sep 2005

Thanks guy's for your thoughts'

With these in mind i have un-installed and reinstalled including patch and have now Pinnacle Studio 9.4.3.70. I am still getting the same results and Microsoft describe the fault being associated with Creative technology video driver. There appears to be no solution to this problem at the moment.

I have concluded that was probably why i was supplied with the software free of charge in the first place.

I must look out for a deserving case who i can pass the software to, if i can find someone i hate that much!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?