Pinnacle Studio 8 - no burning device recognised

GarySimpson 00:37 28 Sep 2003

I've been using Pinnacle Studio 8 video editing software for some time without any difficulty but suddenly I find myself unable to record my latest Spielberg epic onto disc because the programme says it cannot find any "CD Burning device". I have tried the solutions suggested at the Pinnacle website: uninstalling and reinstalling the program, updating to the latest version (8.8) but to no avail. Existing CD Burning programms (Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum) continues to function normally. The only program that has been installed in the past week is Norton SystemWorks - and although I have used this program to search for errors on my computer, I have reversed any changes that Norton performed on the system since installation. Does anyone have any suggestions? All help greatfully received!

MichelleC 09:13 28 Sep 2003

There is a burning issue with S8 (as previous posts will indicate), so you may have to use another prog to import your edited avi (or rendered avi) to burn with that. TMPGEnc (free) may do it click here or Virtualdub click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?