Pinnacle Studio 8 Cannot capture colour

Farleyjim 17:26 14 Mar 2004

I have recently installed a Pinnacle Studio DC 10plus video editing card and I cannot capture anything in colour--only black and white.Sound is OK. I have downloaded the latest patch from the Pinnacle web site and the latest drivers, all to no avail. Their support page doesn't help my problem. I have made sure that I have s-video input selected and that I am using PAL system. I am trying to capture video from my Sony Hi8 camcorder. I cannot even get colour from my Panasonic NV-HS1000 VCR. Has anybody any suggestions, please?

Farleyjim 17:28 14 Mar 2004

I forgot to add that I am using a 3Ghz Pentium 4 512MB RAM and 128MB DDR GeForce FX5299 AGP Card

Chegs ® 17:33 14 Mar 2004

I would have a look thru some of the previous postings.Whenever users try to d/l the video thru AGP cards the results are often in black & white.I will have a go with PCA's search and see if its been sussed howto cure it,as I wasn't affected with my card,I never had reason to add to these postings. ;-)

Chegs ® 17:36 14 Mar 2004
  lixdexik 19:45 14 Mar 2004

I have the same capture card as you and have never had a problem with colour capture, so I would ask, have you have tried to capture with the composite cable? does that work in colour? if it does capture the colour then I would sugest that your s-video cable may have a fault, can you get hold of another cable and try with that?.

Just a thought.

Cheers Lixdexik

Farleyjim 19:59 14 Mar 2004

Thanks everybody. I'm just off out now but will try the suggestions later. However,Lixdexik, I have tried composite with the same result. I've also tried several different s-video cables. I've been doing analogue recording for donkeys years but this is the first time I've tried digital on the computer. Not a very good start! I'll keep trying and keep you posted.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?