Pinnacle Studio 11

conrail 16:22 18 Aug 2014

running laptop with windows 8.1 64 bit 8 Gb RAM and Pinnacle Studio 11, version 11.1, software bought for me years ago but never used, daughter has given me her sony camcorder and asked me to creat discs from videos, have linked all cables correctly, colour coded so can't go wrong, yellow, red & white, on the capture screen I get the message Video Device Not Found, I have gone through all the options but still nothing, the laptop came with cyberlink web cam, I can get a picture using that but when I select DV camcorder I just get a blank screen, one other option is HP truevision in which I get the webcam picture, all help and advice on getting a picture appreciated.

conrail 18:06 18 Aug 2014

thanks Lazarus The 2nd, the end of the cables that go into the camcorder is a single small jack plug, came with the camera, the 3 coloured cables, video & L and R audio have gone into the pinnacle Dazzle video creator: click here camcorder is a JVC GR-D31

the

Bris 20:24 18 Aug 2014

V11 is for XP and Vista so its unlikely to be compatible with W8.1 and this could be your problem.

You could try running it in compatibility mode.

Alternatively you could try Microsofts own Movie Maker, you can get it by downloading Windows Essentials, its free.

conrail 20:46 18 Aug 2014

thanks Bris, will try both suggestions

BT 12:30 19 Aug 2014

I seem to remember Pinnacle Studio 11 came with its own PC Capture card which had to be inserted into a slot on your Desktop motherboard so its unlikely to work with a laptop.

conrail 19:05 19 Aug 2014

Hi BT, thanks for imput but no capture card with program but have got hold of an old XP laptop will install program on that and try it that way

conrail 14:02 20 Aug 2014

thanks Lazarus The 2nd, looking at your suggestion but wondering if it is worth all the trouble, have 2 old laptops from freinds, one with XP the other with vista and although program installed correctly still getting same error message and cannot get picture, no reply from pinnacle, very poor customer service, anyway thanks for all help and advice I appreciate it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?