Pinnacle PCI Performance Enhancer

newearwax 18:40 01 Jun 2009

Back in March a complete reformat was done for me. I have been pruning unwanted programs and noted that Pinnacle PCI Performance Enhance is on my system. Some Pinnacle software was originally installed, but later replaced, so I am wondering why it's there. What does it do, and does it wotk with non Pinnacle programs etc?

newearwax 14:05 04 Jun 2009

So PCA has unusually no answer?!

Stuartli 14:25 04 Jun 2009

Simple questions first. Have you visited the Pinnacle website for any information?

Secondly, have you Googled for any informtion?

From the sound of it it's a means of boosting PCI slot performance for Pinnacle graphics cards or gaming accessories.

hatrickj 18:02 04 Jun 2009

Yes, and it does seem to be something for graphics cards.

The odd thing is that I ditched my Pinnacle for Nero ages ago and binned the CD. So It could only have been put on when the reformat was done for me. That made me wonder why it had been put on, if my system was not compatible and beneficial.

My existing graphics card is Tul Corporation, RADEON 9200, a bit long in tooth, but I am not a gamer.

bjh 18:09 04 Jun 2009

The PCI Performance enhancer is used with Pinnacle PCI TV and Video capture cards to alter the performance of the TV card. It increases the priority of the PCI slot which has the card in. Not often needed on machines of reasonable power - and that was some years ago. I found no need on a Pentium 500 system....

Stuartli 19:52 04 Jun 2009

Why do you have two handles?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017