ping problem

Andy-2004 19:48 04 Jan 2004

Ping Problem
lastchip and myself have spent several hours via msn trying to resolve this problem.

I was trying to share my internet with the ps2 for online gaming, however i could not find any options for lan, then i got help from lastchip who said in another thread

"It centered around the on-board LAN not being enabled. This has now ben rectified and XP is indicating the device is working properly.

However, having set up a manual TCP/IP address, the machine consistently fails to ping, so there is something wrong in the basic setup of this device.

Has anyone come across this and can help Andy-2004 further?"

can any one help us to figure out the puzzle???

faithfully-andy-2004

LastChip 21:16 04 Jan 2004

Remember the Device Manager and the Network address situation, well where it say's value, enter the network address we agreed. See if it makes a difference.

Also, check your motherboard manual and see what the on board LAN supports in the way of speed (10 or 100) and whether it is half or full duplex.

LastChip 21:43 04 Jan 2004

If your ps2 and computer are connected directly, are you using a crossover cable, as a direct cable will throw the system into confusion.

LastChip 22:10 04 Jan 2004

Try the ping we discussed without any network cable attached at all.

Andy-2004 22:14 04 Jan 2004

would it be possible that all the problems are due to a faulty cable

ind i dont know what cable i am useing

i am using the 1 which came in the kit which is Apperently to be used for an ethernet connection

LastChip 22:19 04 Jan 2004

Andy-2004 22:23 04 Jan 2004

it says in the manual

rtl801bl is a fast ethernet phyciever with an mll (media independnt interface)/ SNI (serial network interface). it can be used as a network interface adapter. MAU, CNR, ACR, ethernet hub and ethernet switch

It is encoporated in the chipset providing the mainboard with 10/100Mps fast ethernet controler and intergrated ethernet and PCE LAN capabilities

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017