Pinaccle Studio Querry - Saving Videos on Timeline

RobCharles1981 15:08 02 Oct 2008

Hi

I'm using Pinnacle Studio 11,

At the moment I have recorded over 50 mins of video and I have placed it on the "Time Line" View.

But I want to save certain videos/clips on the timeline and to stop at a certain point before going onto the next video and so on.

I've been doing it via "Make Movie" but the pointer goes on a little to far catching the tail start of the next strip.

So I'm basically wondering what do I need to do to allow pinnacle studio to save at specific points?

Have a look at the link on what I'm talking about.

click here

Thanks for any help.

Rob

RobCharles1981 21:35 02 Oct 2008

bump

Bagsey 23:13 02 Oct 2008

I am assuming that you want to cut out and discard pieces of the video clips that are either poor quality or surplus to your reqirements. If that is so then you must nbe in the EDIT mode NOT <ake movie.
Go to the clip that you intend to remove or modify. Click on it to select it. Then Expand the timeline until you get a clear view of the clip you are working on. Move the curser to the point at which you wish to make the first cut. Under the viewing screen you should see a small image of a razor blade , click on that and you should see a line appear at the curser position. That is yor first cut point. Perform the same process again for the second end of the cut to be made on the clip. The discard piece of clip is noe separated from themain body of your video. Clisc on the discard piece of the clip to high light it and go to the edit menu and click on cut. This gets rid of the discard piece of clip frpm your time line. I hope that this is what you meant, if not post back with more info.

RobCharles1981 00:18 03 Oct 2008

Yeah that's right.

I seeked further help on the pinnacle forums.

This is what I did.

I moved the curser to where I wanted it to move and The Razor Blade (The Split Clip) where I clicked to my liking I cut the other strip of data, and worked the rest out from there.

Thanks for coming back.

Cheers

Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?