Piguni has caused an error shows on bootup

pomerian 08:59 09 Feb 2003

Since installing a cannon scan Lide 20 scanner on my computor which is running ME it shows a message Piguni has caused an error in unknown
piguni will now close on bootup. When I was installing the software it stopped on omni page installer information, a window came up saying ERROR 1704 an installation for ISS is currently suspended you must undo changes made to continue do you want to undo these changes I clicked yes and it continued O.K. Cannon technical says it's a conflict something on my system. As far as I know everything is working O.K but I don't know what's happening or what to do about it. does anyone have any ideas?

MAJ 09:07 09 Feb 2003

Go to Start > Run and type msconfig. Go to the Startup tab and untick those entries in there to do with your scanner. See if it cures the problem. You can always re-tick them afterwards if it doesn't help.

pomerian 08:08 10 Feb 2003

I've checked as you suggest scanner is not mensioned

JoeC 08:27 10 Feb 2003

McAffee QuickClean programme installed by any chance ? There was a thread on this some time ago, I will see if I can find it again. : }

JoeC 08:46 10 Feb 2003

have BlackIce Defender ( now Internet Security Systems ) firewall ? Have you installed / uninstalled anything recently ? Most websites seem to point to Windows installer causing the problem. : }

JoeC 09:14 10 Feb 2003

for the answer - I know there is one here as I saw it - but cannot seem to find it. Microsoft have a similar Error 1704 listed when installing Office which might be worth a look. I will keep trying for the "Piguni has caused an error " answer though. It definitely is here somewhere. If you enter "error 1704" into Google, you will get a few hits, including the Office one. : }

pomerian 08:54 11 Feb 2003

Yes I do have McAfee Quickclean installed and I have Zone alarm Firewall installed.I havent installed anything else or uninstalled anything For a while

JoeC 09:41 11 Feb 2003

To do with McAffee Quick Clean. Maybe ( just maybe ) need uninstalled then reinstalled. This is the one I was looking for ! Note that this is plguni, and not piguni. Other than that, it still seems a Windows installer issue. You might have to go to Microsoft site and download the latest installer in case you have an older version. : }

JoeC 10:08 11 Feb 2003

click here - - just in case. : }

Gongoozler 10:30 11 Feb 2003

From this site click here, I found this program detail:

Program Name: Plguni

Executable Name: Plguni.exe

Comments: McAfee QuickClean 3.0 - removes internet clutter and unwanted programs

JoeC 10:53 11 Feb 2003

Forgot my link ! click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017