pictures and MS word

awest3 09:54 18 Jun 2008

I have a home wireless network, between 2 computers.

I needed to re-size some pictures from my wifes PC so thought that I'd access them from my PC...they were saved into a word document (makes it easier to move them around on a page). I opened the file up from my PC and got the file and text boxes within which they are contained but no pictures in them. I've done a bit of research but can't find any parameter which needs changing (in options) to allow me to see them. I can easily re-size on my wife's PC (its only a room away) but wondered if anyone else had seen this and may have a solution.?

Thanks
Al

VoG II 10:27 18 Jun 2008

Tools > Options > View, untick Picture Placeholders.

awest3 10:33 18 Jun 2008

Amazing knowledge out there as ever...solution worked...

Thanks Vog

Technotiger 10:42 18 Jun 2008

Just as a matter of interest, when acknowledging help from a Member with a 'querky' forum Name, one can highlight that name and then click on Edit and on Copy in the menu at top, then click on Paste in this Response box. As in VoG™

I always do this by way of 'Politeness' to my helper!

Cheers.

VoG II 10:46 18 Jun 2008

Hi Technotiger

I've had my 'handle' appear in all sorts of ways ('Vogue' being the most memorable). I honestly don't mind and the main thing is that awest3 provided feedback - certainly polite and much appreciated.

Cheers!

awest3 10:47 18 Jun 2008

ok will do...thanks again...you've been my saviour on more than one occaision.

Al

Technotiger 10:51 18 Jun 2008

Hi Friend, I knew you would not mind my mentioning this little 'trick', and I certainly appreciate what you say about Feedback - I wish 'they' would all give a bit of that!

......... I like Vogue ROFL ........

VoG II 10:59 18 Jun 2008

Highlight the poster's name then click anywhere in the poster's name, left click and drag down to the response box....

Technotiger

Voila!

Technotiger 11:06 18 Jun 2008

VoG™ ....... Voila - I guess that means there is 'more than one way to skin a cat' ...... LoL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone