Pictures missing from internet sites

Shrubsole 16:07 21 Aug 2008

On most, but not all, web sites pictures are replaced by small crosses. I right-click on these and then click "show picture" but nothing happens. I have IE7, Norton antivirus, ZoneAlarm Pro and Counterspy. Is one of these blocking the pics? It is a fairly new problem. Very grateful for advice.

Technotiger 16:13 21 Aug 2008

In IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced scroll down to Multimedia and make sure Show Images is checked.

Shrubsole 16:26 21 Aug 2008

Thank you Technotiger. Yes, "show pictures" is checked but "show image download placeholders" is unchecked. Is this the one you mean?

provider 2 16:49 21 Aug 2008

Some more things to try:

click here

Technotiger 16:53 21 Aug 2008

That one is set correctly - i.e. un-checked.

I had thought that your 'show images' might have been un-checked, where it should be checked.

Shrubsole 17:34 21 Aug 2008

Thankyou Provider 2 for your link to Microsoft. I should have had the sense to go there myself! I have worked my way through their suggestions and I think the check to View/Encoding/Auto Select may have done the trick. I am very grateful to you for your help, and also to Technotiger for his.

provider 2 22:27 21 Aug 2008

You`re welcome.

Thanks for the View/Encoding/Auto Select confirmation.

Don`t let this put you off coming here, though. Some Microsoft sites can be a real pain and take a week to read through!

Technotiger 07:47 22 Aug 2008

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?