Pictures in emails

douglas1973 00:24 03 Jun 2006

Emails I receive from one particular friend do not show the pictures he has included within the text area - instead all I see is a box with a red cross (x) in the top lefthand corner. Is there any way I can rectify this? I am using Outlook 2003.

VoG II 03:59 03 Jun 2006
  douglas1973 08:32 04 Jun 2006

Thanks VOG but I have all the settings described by the Micrososft link you have given me. Also the email address of the friend I mention is in the Safe Senders list. Curiously another friend tells me he has the same problem as I have with the emails received from the friend I mention.

961 08:53 04 Jun 2006

Several other bits of security software will do the same as that described in the Microsoft article

They may include, among others, your firewall, virus checker, IE6 security settings, your spyware software and even some ISPs

It's just a case of going through them one by one and examining the settings

douglas1973 09:15 04 Jun 2006

The problem I am having is only with one particular friend.

Gongoozler 09:22 04 Jun 2006

If the problem is only with the one friend, then perhaps the friend has the problem, or perhaps the pictures aren't being sent as jpg.

richlyn 10:15 16 Oct 2006

Hi There,

New to this site. I recieve some e-mails from friends but can`t get picture`s within e-mails
all picture have intop left hand corner small
coloured box any idea`s

Gongoozler 10:32 16 Oct 2006

Hi richlyn
Try, in Outlook Express, Tools - Options - Security. Remove the tick from the box for "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

If that doesn't work, start a new thread via the "Create new subject for discussion" box, you will then attract more attention than with an already resolved thread, and you will be notified by email whenever you get a response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?