pictures from c drive to disc using nero 8

johnd111 13:14 17 Aug 2008

please could someone help, I have just bought nero 8 and i am trying to burn pictures from my hard drive on to disc. I have tried once only and re write discs, i have tried nero burning rom and nero express they go threw the process and eject the disc sucessfuly burned. but when i put the disc in it reads as a blank disc as you can imagine i will not be short of tea coasters for a while any pointers to where i may be going wrong would be appreciated.
it is the latest full version of nero 8

Jak_1 13:27 17 Aug 2008

Nero can be a pig to use! Were you burning the images as a data files or iso files and were the disks finalised at the end of burning?

johnd111 15:35 17 Aug 2008

Hi Jak_1,
I tried iso and data files but i dont recall it finalising the disc, just burn was succesfull and auto ejected the disc. However i thought it would still read on the pc as finalising was so it would read on an normal cd/dvd player i hpe this helps and hopefully help provide a sugestion.
thanks.

Jak_1 15:53 17 Aug 2008

I have found that not finalising when using nero, a cd won't play even on the pc it was burned on, shows as a blank disk!
I use Cyberlink and have had no problem buring with that program.

johnd111 15:56 17 Aug 2008

how do I ensure that nero will finelise the disc?

Jak_1 16:14 17 Aug 2008

There should be an option to finalise.

BT 16:18 17 Aug 2008

We've used Nero for years and have no problem making either closed or multisession CDs in fact I made some multisession last weekend which were readable on both the original PC and on the one which I was rebuilding, and I was able to add extra stuff later.

Jak_1 16:44 17 Aug 2008

There is also the possibility that the burn laser is knackered!

johnd111 17:11 17 Aug 2008

I have been messing around and have managed to get the data I want on to disc haven't done anything different except try some new discs I just bought, part of the problem was the old discs must have been nacked I suppose. But still cant view them on a normal dvd player and yes I am using dvd discs still not finalising cant see were the option to do this would be.

BT 08:15 18 Aug 2008

The Default is to make a multi session disc. To make a closed disc just untick the 'Allow files to be added later (multi session disc) on the second screen.

johnd111 11:07 18 Aug 2008

the multi session box is unchecked I'm sure im doing eveything wright,but then again I must be missing something I have discovered that the old discs I was using where not compatible and have since been able to burn to disc but as I said cant finalise the disc so it wont play on a normal cd/dvd player not getting an option to finalise goes threw the burning procces then ejects the disc burn successful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone