PictureIt 2002 won't load onto new XO PC

Trikie 17:17 18 Apr 2010

Just replaced my original PC with a new one, keeping to XP. The original was pre-loaded with Works and I have the installation CD.

I bought PictureIt 2002 soon after and have had no trouble until trying to load them on the new PC. Works asked for a second disk but I only ever had one. It put a PictureIt icon on the desktop but obviously didn't load the full programme as when I select a blank document I go back to the desktop.

Thinking this was something to do with the missing second Works disk I deleted the programme and then installed it from the separate PictureIt disk. Same thing happened.

I've tried searchintg for an up to date driver but can't find one. Is it likely to be a driver problem and if so can anyone give me a link?

If it's not - any other suggestions? I tried Picassa once but couldn't get on with it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:10 18 Apr 2010

You probably need to install the patch from MS click here;displaylang=en&displaylang=en

if that doesn't work

Try infranview click here instead

Trikie 10:03 19 Apr 2010

Patch works fine - I'm back in my comfort zone. Many thanks.

Trikie 18:32 19 Apr 2010

Spoke too soon! Imports pictures OK and lets me manipulate them but the moment I hit Save or File it freezes and Task Manager says the sysrem is not responding. Is there another patch or is it Infranview?

Trikie 14:28 22 Apr 2010

Infranview doesn't seem to have the facility to add text to a picture or create cards and similar. Is there a basic programme - free or to buy - that does this as well as editing pictures?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017